A Fantastic Holiday On the Moon

 A Fantastic Holiday On the Moon

 The night was cold, and dark. I was walking back home exhausted as usual. All of a sudden, I saw a circular, glamorous vehicle radiating colourful lights. Something was inviting me to enter it. The inside of it was luxurious, and comfortable. There was a screen in front of me that displayed “congratulation, Lord you are the chosen one”. The doors closed suddenly and I felt some kind of movement as if I was flying. While I sat down on the nearest seat, three human shaped creatures appeared; they were bowing. The screen changed and displayed another message that read ”the people of the moon decided to chose the first stranger they meet to be their king in order to avoid the conflict over that position because they were all equals “. Then my hosts told me that I was going to have an educational tour upon my arrival. They also told me, that my mission was to censor the people of the moon against any villainy or violent thoughts.
                       We arrived, the first part of my educational tour was a visit to one of the model houses on the moon. The house, was fully computerized, and connected to the head of the inhabitant. For example, if the inhabitant wanted to turn the lights on it turns on automatically. If he wants to eat, a tray pops up with the best kinds of food. The second part of my tour was a visit to the sole public school. This school resembled the houses. The strange thing was that the children never went home, they were permanent residents. My hosts explained that matter to me. The children according to their social system were a common property of the moon, they no longer belonged to their families. They were brought, fed, and taught by computers. I inquired about industry and agriculture, the hosts told me that it was done automatically by computers. Therefore, no one has to work any more. Their society was a simplified version of Plato's Utopia.
                      The third part of my tour was a visit to my residency where I was going to carry on the duties as a king. My residency was a bit different from the other houses. It has many screens that displayed the main thoughts of my new subjects. Mainly their thoughts were peaceful, all they thought about was their basic needs. However, after few days a new thought began to divide the society into two halves. The first half started to think about my use as a king, they considered me a useless object. Actually they were right they have had all what they needed. I did nothing for them. Beside they did not like to be censored all the time. The second half considered the first as heretics and disloyal to the king. Gradually, this thought developed into two horrible ideas. The first possessed the disloyal subjects, they were determined to assassinate me. The second thought possessed my loyal subjects who were determined to exterminate the disloyal subjects. Upon reading the idea of my assassination I decided to resolve the conflict in order to preserve the peaceful integrity of the moon.
                       Therefore, I issued a decree through the main computer, which abolished the concept of monarchy, and any other similar concepts. I gave orders to the computer of the school to teach the children “that life is better off without a king, they were masters of themselves, and they were the sole censors over themselves”. Then I announced that the king was dead and fled back to sweet earth where, I am neither the target of assassination, nor the cause of any conflict. Here, on earth there are other idiots playing these roles.

Comments

  1. Captivating narration! Absolutely interesting! Couldn't leave it!❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular